Thursday, March 26, 2009

Easter ideas


We had a couple of crabby cakes this evening, must have been that bedtime story. So I made a pan of brownies for the little man, because treats cheer him right up. It's too bad he lost his "treat" tonight because he was behaving so well! :) I need to write the ladybug a love note, she had kind of a crummy day at school "because I'm just so sick of math."

Can you believe that Easter is just in a couple of weeks?!?!?! I thought I would post a couple of the things we made last year.

1. I'm not a huge fan of those kits for Easter eggs. I have used them plenty of times, but I wanted to do something more creative last year. We decided on marbelized eggs. We thought they turned out pretty cute. This year we are thinking of making glitter eggs.



2. We also made this yummy ham. Here is the recipe.

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup brandy
The juice and zest of 1 large orange
2 tbs. Dijon mustard
1 tbs. whole cloves
1 6-8 pound smoked ham

Preheat the oven to 325. Combine the brown sugar and molasses in a small saucepan and melt over low heat. Remove from the heat, add the brandy, juice, zest, and mustard, and mix well.
Remove the skin and fat from the ham and place in a baking dish. Make 1/4- inch cuts in the ham in a diamond pattern, place the cloves in the diamonds. Pour the glaze over the ham.
Bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until warm, basting with the glaze.
Remove from the oven and let cool until you can remove the cloves. Pour the drippings in a bowl and serve on the side.

I would love to hear about your favorite Easter traditions!

xoxoxo
Rach

1 comment:

Kimberly Hurd Horst said...

One of my favorite Easters, but not a tradition was being at the beach for Easter..watching the day come over the horizon of the Carribean Ocean. Another was nestled in the valley between mountians with my youth group. Something that I tried was on Good Friday to walk the stations of the cross that was set up across town with EVERYONE and their grandmother! I was soooo super tired and there were no taxi's running that day to rescue my tired feet nor those of 3 yr old Isaiah who got so heavy to carry. I did not make it through all the stations...I had to cut through streets to try to find my 5 mile walk back home. Who knew the stations of cross could be sooo long? It was super hot and the relief came from people selling juices, pops, and ice treats along the way. It was a very interesting thing to take part in...and a tradition many people do around the world. Hmmm..I should blog about this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...