Monday, January 10, 2011

Banana Bread Pie



 If you your family is like ours you always have a few stray bananas laying around.  I always throw them in the freezer to make our favorite banana bread. 
I have had this recipe book marked for quite awhile now and thought I would whip it up for date night this past Friday.  I'm sure glad I tried it.  First of all it was so easy, almost too easy.  After I put the "pie" in the oven I wondered if it would be any good, because it required no effort.  Seriously I think my eight year old could make this.  While Brian was making dinner, I snuck a little taste...WOW!!  The cake is very moist and has a really nice banana flavor reminiscent of banana bread.  The best part is the texture is almost custard like.  For dessert I served it with whip cream, but ice cream would be nice too.
 Ian's exact words while devouring his piece were "love it."  Brian really liked it too, he kept saying "this is really good."
I don't usually have Bisquick on hand and bought it for this recipe, it was worth it.  I think next time I will try to use the non-fat sweetened condensed milk.  If you try this recipe let me know what you think.  I would love to hear your thoughts.  I found this recipe on Jane's Apron.  She has quite a few easy recipes that look good.  If you get a chance stop by her site.
Banana Bread Pie

2 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup light Bisquick mix
2 large eggs
1 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon of butter melted
1 teaspoon vanilla

Peel the bananas and place them in bowl.  Mash them with a mixer until smooth.  Add the remaining ingredients and mix until blended.  Pour the mixture in a 9-inch pie plate and bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes.  It should be brown around the edges, but soft in the center. 

Happy Baking!
Rachel

9 comments:

Buckman Family said...

yummy i am going to have to try this recipe!!! nice to use banana's in a differnt way than making bread.

Vivi said...

Shoot! I never have Bisquick either and I was JUST at Target. I'm totally buying some and making this. Yum.

Young Adventures... said...

This is a nice way to use up those brown banana's. If I don't use the bisquick for anything else but this cake it will be worth it! Yum is the perfect adjective for this cake.

Anonymous said...

I have some ripe bananas and was going to make banana bread today but I am going to try this instead. Sounds wonderful and I have all the ingredients on hand. Thanx for sharing.

Vivi said...

Just made it and tried some...oh yum. You'll see a post on it soon. Thanks for passing this great one along!

Young Adventures... said...

I'm so glad you liked it Vivi!

Sue said...

What a unique recipe. I always have over-ripe bananas in the freezer, and I really want to try this! I even have some Bisquick in the pantry:)Thanks for sharing!

Carole in the UK said...

Hi, I want to bake this lovely cake, but we do not have Bisquick here in the UK. What else can I use!.
It looks too nice to pass up such a lovely recipe!

Anonymous said...

1 cup flour

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon shortening

Mix dry ingredients together. Then using a pastry knife cut the Crisco into the mix. Makes 1 cup Bisquick equivalent.

copied from --http://blog.erikajurney.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...