Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thank you and Muddy Buddies


Well it seems we had a little company over here at Young Adventures yesterday.  We had about 1,700 visitors  Most of you were checking out the Banana Bread Pie, some stopped by and left a note, and we even made some new friends.  Very fun!  We love it!  We hope that our little blog brightens your day and brings a smile to your face.  Thanks so much for stopping by we would love to have you over again!!


Do you guys remember this snack?  A couple months ago at Katie's birthday party, her sweet friend Haleigh asked me if I had made those things with the chocolate and peanut butter.  Frankly, I had no idea what she was talking about, I said you mean peanut butter balls?  She said no, it was made with cereal.  Puppy chow/ Muddy Buddies!  I'm not sure when the last time I made this yummy treat was, but that she remembered was pretty amazing, it was a looong time ago.  So, I promised for her birthday party I would bring some.  Bring some I did!


This dessert type snack is so easy to make and any chocolate peanut butter loving freak will fall in love with you for making these.  Go ahead, try it.  Just make sure to keep a secret stash for yourself!


Muddy Buddies


9 cups of corn chex
1 cup of semisweet chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar


Place cereal in a very large bowl. 
In a microwavable bowl place the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter.  Microwave on high for 1 minute, and then stir.  Microwave for another 30 seconds, until the mixture can be stirred smooth.  Add the vanilla and stir.  Pour the mixture over the cereal and stir until evenly coated.  Pour the cereal into a large ziploc bag and add the powdered sugar.  Seal the bag and shake until the cereal is well coated.   I did this in batches and it worked well.  Place the coated cereal on wax paper spreading it out, allow it to cool.  Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.  Enjoy!

Source: Chex
Happy Snacking!
Rachel

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh I love those! I was actually shocked around the holidays when I saw that they are now selling it as a flavor of Chex Mix. That's not nearly as fun as making it yourself though.

Young Adventures... said...

Wow, I didn't realize you could by them either! I agree not as much fun as making them yourself and probably not as good. :)

Laura said...

I love it so much I figured out a way to make it soy free, and Gluten free, that means no Chocolate chips but it's still plenty chocolatey.

Young Adventures... said...

Cool Laura!

shana said...

we love this at our house . . . we always call it puppy chow though around here
shana

Young Adventures... said...

It's funny that it has two "silly" names! It just makes it that much more appealing.

Sandi said...

We call it puppy chow too Shana. My sister puts M&M's in hers and it is a fun surprise to bite into an M&M that is covered in powdered sugar.

Young Adventures... said...

That's a great idea to add M&M's! I will have to give that a try Spunk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...