Monday, February 23, 2009

She left this morning...so I'll make pannekoeken for dinner


I put Miss Katie on a fancy charter bus this morning. She is off with her classmates for their annual class trip. They went to a conservation reserve a few hours away. They will be learning about ecosystems and will observe a bass pond. I'm looking forward to hearing all about the rock climbing, and skiing. I'm sure there will be lots bonding and girl drama as well. The meals are all environmentally sensitive, and made from scratch. Last year Brian helped chaperon the trip to the French camp they went to. The food was apparently fabulous! I am glad Katie has the opportunity to be away from home and test out her wings. I have been thinking about this a lot lately...Katie leaving home. I know that we have a few years, but I know that they are going to fly by. I can hardly believe that she is 11 already. When she was little she used to say that she was going to buy the little pink house down the street. Now apparently it is too small. She'll probably fly off to France and go to culinary school and paint the French country side in her free time. If I am fortunate she might attend our alma mater and study art. These are just my thoughts though. Where I want her to be is in God's will, using the talents and abilities he has given her to spread his love. Whether she is in France or down the street she will always be in my heart. I am so proud of you Katie and I love you very much!!!!

You might be wondering what all of this has to do with pannekoekens. Well Katie will eat them, but they are not her favorite. They are my breakfast man's though. Ian loves breakfast!! Any kind of breakfast, french toast, cereal, eggs, you name it he loves it! He asked me to make them the other day, so I made them for dinner. He gobbled it up of course.



This is an easy recipe that I found in a church cookbook when we were first married and I have been making them ever since.


Pannekoeken

2 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour

Place the butter in the pie pan, and put in the oven. Set the temperature to 450 degrees. Mean while beat the eggs and milk, add the flour and mix thoroughly. Pour the mixture into the buttered pie pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and maple syrup.

xoxoxoxo
Rach

1 comment:

Buckman Family said...

Ok, that made me tear up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...