Monday, September 13, 2010

Bits of Encouragement ~ Take time out for yourself


I Love, Love being Katie and Ian's Mom!!! I'm not saying that they don't drive me crazy, because they do almost everyday. I just feel so honored, lucky, privileged, and blessed to play such an important role in their lives. A lot of my time and energy is focused on them. I try to live a balanced life, but some areas of my life have gone by the wayside these past years. I don't blame motherhood on this. It is my own set of priorities that have made these decisions.




One of the areas that I have let slide is my nails. Now, they don't look terrible, but they don't look very pretty either. I don't usually do polish because I apparently have "oily" nails thus making the polish chip relatively quickly. So usually my nails are trimmed short and left bare, and I have been fine with that. My sister Elizabeth's nails always look so pretty. We were discussing "nails" during our vacation and she suggested I try a sheer shade and see how I like it.




For the last three weeks I have done just that. I take some time out for myself on the weekend to "do my nails". This is a simple pleasure that I have been doing just for myself. I choose a color from Sally Hansen called Sweet Tulip. It is pretty sheer with a touch of pink. After I do two coats of the polish I add a top coat. I really like the way my nails look, and it makes me feel just a bit more "polished".


So, for your bit of encouragement today I ask you to take some time out for yourself. Do something for you just because you want to, not because you need to. It can be anything, but it has to be fun for you.


xoxo

Rach




P.S.

Picky Girl has a blog. Check it out, but I'm warning you there is a reason this gorgeous shop gets "best boutique" year after year! Congratulations Elizabeth!

What can I say...I'm proud of my little sis!


2 comments:

Buckman Family said...

I thought you would have a pic of your nails?

Sandi said...

Remember in college how we would sit and paint our nails while watching TV. For some reason I remember doing it while watching Life Goes On or Days of our Lives.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...