Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Salsa

It seems that we always have a jar of salsa in the fridge. It is a condiment that we all love . Brian usually keeps us stocked in the summer using different types of peppers and tomatoes. I was looking through a few different blogs and noticed one woman was making salsa. At first I was a little confused, I didn't think salsa would be very good without summer tomatoes. Then I realized that she was using canned tomatoes. I decided to check out Rick Bayless' website and see if he had any good recipes using canned tomatoes. Sure enough he did. We loved it and I will probably not buy salsa very much anymore. This salsa had great flavor! I used Muir glen tomatoes. Next time I might add a bit of onion. It also took really no time to put together. If you like salsa and want to make your own, try the recipe. Fire-Roasted Tomato Salsa

xoxo
Rachel

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...