Tuesday, February 2, 2010

50 cookbooks ~ Brioche









The Book: Barefoot In Paris by Ina Garten


From: Brian



This is one of our favorite cookbooks. We have made many recipes of this book, and I don't think there is a single one that we haven't liked.

I have been asking Brian to make this Brioche recipe for quite some time...he hasn't gotten around to it. Since I'm trying to conquer my fear of yeast, I thought I would give it a go.

Like most of Ina's recipes, this bread was wonderful. It makes two loaves which is also very nice. I overcooked it just a bit, but that was alright. My plan was to use it to make french toast. The recipe was easy to follow and I had no problems with it.

This is really a bread that you would use for a special occasion due to the large amount of butter and eggs.

I was also thinking they would make a nice gift.

Unfortunately I couldn't find the recipe online. I did find a recipe for mini brioche rolls that is also Ina's. Take a look if you're interested. Mini Brioche Rolls

xoxo~
Rachel

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...