Monday, April 20, 2009

Fun filled weekend



Last summer mr. amazing put in a fire pit in our backyard. The children having been pleading with us to have a fire outside for weeks. We told them that Friday night it would probably be warm enough to do so.





Well, it was so nice outside I decided that we should have our first picnic of the year. We looove picnics, and find any excuse to eat on our porch, in the backyard, or at the park.












We had a little visitor. She didn't stay long...too many scary children.









Can we have a fire in the backyard is code for can we have Smore's?









Saturday was our HOT DATE! In celebration of Brian's birthday.
I dropped the children off at Amachi and appachen's for a sleepover. Then we headed out to Stillwater for some cast-iron pan hunting.



No luck at the first store.





We didn't have lunch so we decided to spilt a hot dog. I did not consume any of those scary looking peppers.




We continued on, and we did actually find a mate for his pan. We went a little further and he found one of those old-fashioned pencil sharpeners. You know the ones that you had in your classroom that were on the wall. We now have one of those in our basement. Then we went a little further and he found another pan for his set. He now has a litle family of pans. They already have had their first "spa" treatment with him. Once they are all spiffied up, I'll show them to you.




Then we came home and got all gussied up for our dinner. I wore my new sassy top and found some red lip gloss. I made reservations at Barbette per his request. I had never been there before, so I was excited to try out a new place. This restaurant is very fun, loud, and trendy. The decor is very bright, and they have local artist's work on the walls. Our waiter came over and asked us what we would like to drink. Brian ordered some kind of beer and I ordered a French white. He then just stood there like we were supposed to be doing something. Then he looked at me and said could I please see your I.D. WHAT?!?!? I couldn't believe it! Brian was laughing, he thought it was so funny. He said to our waiter the funny thing is she is actually two days older than me. Our waiter was probably 24 years old. I politely handed him my license and looked at him and said I'm 38. Didn't we go through this a few weeks ago! I mean really, I was actually embarassed. Who gets carded at 38?!?! Brian said to me after the left "I'm just rockin' the cradle of love." Whatever...dear. Anyways...there are worse things in life. I just have a complex about looking young. When I was growing up people always thought my younger sister Susie was the oldest. It's not that I want to look old, but I don't want to look that young!



Anyway back to our date. We were in a little corner booth, so he sat right next to me. We were nice an cozy.




We started out with the warm olives and bread. Very good! Those little guys were very warm.



Brian had the steak frites. He said the steak was really good. The fries were the perfect consistency, but a little salty.




I had the shrimp risotto. It had peas, fennel, and tomatoes. It was cooked perfectly and was super creamy. I loved it.

For dessert we shared the white chocolate and chambord pots de creme. We were there for a couple of hours. We had a great time, and would highly recommend it for a fun date!

xoxo
Rach

1 comment:

Kimberly Hurd Horst said...

Ha ha....I can't believe you got carded again! I call that a blessing! You will probably be a hot granny tooo! I bet God laughed and said, "That's MY Rachel!" I lived vicariously through your romantic dinner...very nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...