Monday, April 6, 2009

Duluth



A week ago Saturday I wrote a note to the children. It stated that the next day we would be leaving for a short trip with the Buckmans and what they needed to pack. On the way there the girls and boys drove separately so that the boys could have their very own "U2 party bus." Needless to say the children were ECSTATICwhen we arrived at the Edge water park and resort. For a very reasonable price we got a room with a view, four water park wristbands, breakfast the next day, a coupon for a couple dollars off of pizza, and two free drinks. They even supply bath and body works toiletries! Funny story about those drink tokens. Susie and I went to go get our hubbies and ourselves our drinks. I went up to the bar and asked what she had and then proceeded to order. She then said "Could I please see your i.d." In my mind I'm thinking a. where do you think I have my i.d. in my swimsuit? b. I'm old enough to be your mother (o.k. maybe not that old, but seriously!) Who are we kidding people, I could see 28 but 20?!?!? Come on now. She didn't card the lady in front of us. Susie and I went back down empty handed. The guys so kindly said they would go back down to our rooms and get their i.d.'s. the funny thing is they didn't. They just went up to the bar no questions asked. I guess I should be flattered. The kids had a blast going down the slides, sitting in the hot tub, standing under the tiki bucket. The next day we did a little antiquing/shopping. We stopped at Fitgers for lunch, and then it was off to home.









It was a great way to start off the break, and the children are asking "when can we go again?"

Holy Week

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied " 'Love the Lord your God with all your hear and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." Matthew 22: 36-40



xoxoxo
Rach

4 comments:

shana said...

Sounds like a great time. So glad you guys had fun together! Have a great week!
Happy Easter!
Shana

Kimberly Hurd Horst said...

What fun! Where is the picture of the moms relaxing? I am glad ya'll had a great time.

Vivi said...

I told Susie this too...I love that you guys went together. How fun! Happy Easter!

Buckman Family said...

It was fun! The kids are wanting to go up again.
That was funny that she carded you - work it girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...