Friday, December 4, 2009

Baked Potato Soup


I wanted to tell all of you that I LOVE your comments!!! So thanks for leaving them! If you want to leave a comment, but are unsure how. Just click the comment button below, and go through the steps. I also added a "you like this" button on the bottom like face book. So if you don't want to leave a comment, you can click that if you like. If you don't want to click on anything that is fine too! I still love ya!
Today Brian and I went to Trader Joe's, just the two of us. I love that place, don't you?!?!? We got some nice cheeses, crackers, and wine for date night tonight. I seriously cannot wait. Date night has been sparse around these parts for a few months now. We got a bunch of our other favorite things from there as well, plus a few new to try. After we left, I was teasingly told I can't go along anymore. I find too many good things.
I wanted to share my Baked potato soup recipe with you. I have been making it for quite a while, and it is one of our favorites. Ian asked me if I could make the white, not orange "mean" soup again.
Baked Potato Soup
Adapted from the Taste of Home Magazine Feb/Mar 1994
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
7 cups of skim milk
4 large baking potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled, and cubed (about 4 cups)
4 green onions
6 bacon strips cooked and crumbled (set aside in a small bowl)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (set aside in a bowl)
1 cup light sour cream
salt
pepper
In a large dutch oven, melt the butter. Stir in the flour, until smooth. Slowly add the milk a little at a time stirring constantly until thickened and smooth. Add potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the sour cream, salt and pepper. Serve in individual bowls, top with bacon and cheese. Enjoy!
Have a great weekend friends!!!
xoxo
Rach

1 comment:

Taffy J said...

I would appreciated it if you would blog a weekly menu so I can pick the date I am coming for dinner. :) The soup looks Yummy I think I will try it as I have a whole bunch of potatoes left from Thanksgiving.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...