Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Neapolitan Sundae/Roasted Strawberries


I love ice cream and really I always have. If you want to read a funny story about me, my middle sister and ice cream when we were little girls go here.
I usually only stock vanilla in our freezer, because I know that will make everyone happy.  Brian and I both love neapolitan ice cream, but I hardly every buy it.  A couple weeks ago, I actually had some chocolate in the freezer leftover from a dinner with friends.  I also had some strawberries and thought I would make my own neapolitan sundae.  These sundaes were really simple to put together and tasted fabulous.
If you have leftover strawberries you can stir them into your favorite yogurt for breakfast or put them in a smoothie or just eat them as is.  Yummy.
xoxo
Rachel

Roasted Strawberries
This is just a guide so adjust to your tastes.  I would recommend placing a piece of parchment on the bottom of your sheet pan for easier clean up.

1 pound of strawberries cut into quarters 
honey
orange juice

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Place the cut strawberries onto the sheet pan.  Splash on a little orange juice (start with a couple of tablespoons and stir the strawberries.  Drizzle on a little bit of honey (a teaspoon or two).  This will depend on how sweet your strawberries are to begin with and how sweet you want the final product to be.  Stir everything around until well coated.  Place the sheet pan in the oven and roast for about 20 minutes.  Remove the strawberries and place in a small bowl until ready to use.

Neapolitan Sundae

Roasted strawberries
Chocolate ice cream
Vanilla ice cream

Spoon one scoop of chocolate and vanilla ice cream into each bowl.  Pour over a few spoonfuls of roasted strawberries.  Serve immediately. 



1 comment:

AmyD said...

Oh, that looks so yummy. What a smart idea! My favorite part of strawberry ice cream is the strawberries so this would be perfect. This is going on my Summer Bucket List.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...