Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Last minute gift ideas ~ 2010

I have quite a bit of shopping to do before Saturday. Brian and I need to go out this afternoon. We still have two Spiritual gifts and two Fun gifts to purchase, oh and a few stocking stuffers. I also need to get Brian a few little things.


Here's a few last minute homemade gift ideas if you need some:
Purchase a festive platter and fill it with your favorite cookies. Wrap the platter with the cookies in cellophane and tie with a bow and a tag. We did this one year and it was a big hit. If you need cookie/candy ideas you can check out
our holiday baking label.


How about a pan of Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls...yes, they are as amazing as she says!!


Hot Chocolate Mix with with homemade marshmallows.
Rich and creamy this could be dessert. They will love it!



Hot Chocolate Mix
4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 pounds of good quality semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (I use guittard)
8 oz. of good quality milk chocolate, finely chopped
2 cups dutch-process cocoa (I use Penzey's)
In a large bowl combine the sugar, cocoa, and the finely chopped chocolate. Stir to combine. Place in jars. The mix will last for six months.
To serve: Heat 8 oz. of milk until very hot but not boiling. Add 1/4 cup of hot chocolate mix and let sit for a minute. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
I omit the coconut.
xoxo
Rach

1 comment:

Mama J said...

Here I just posted a recipe for my cinnamon rolls today and banana bread baked in cast iron the other day.

How did I not think to put those two together!?

Fantastic idea! They look delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...