Monday, December 6, 2010

Bit of Encouragement ~ Advent




I was reading a devotional the other day that I received via e-mail. It spoke to the verse in Psalms "Be still and know that I am God." I thought it was quite fitting considering that we are in the midst of the Advent season.
We tend to get hurried and have twenty things on our to do list up until Christmas day. I mean there are cookies to bake, gingerbread houses to put together, decorations that need to be placed just so, and don't forget the presents. This year, for whatever reason I am pretty behind my holiday schedule and you know what I don't really care. Sure we did put up our Christmas decor and I have started my baking, but I am not stressing out this year. This year, I am going to be still.
"Instructed by the king, they set off. Then the star appeared again, the same star they had seen in the eastern skies. It led them on until it hovered over the place of the child. They could hardly contain themselves: They were in the right place! They had arrived at the right time!
They enered the house and saw the child in the arms of Mary, his mother. Overcome they kneeled and worshiped him. Then they opened there luggage and presented gifts: gold, frankincesnce, myrrh." Matthew 2
Stay warm friends!
Hugs~
Rachel

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...