Saturday, October 2, 2010

Holiday Recipes ~ Pecan bars and Cranberry, Gingerly

photo from martha stewart.com

I'm considering adding these Pecan Bars to my holiday repertoire. A lot of people in our families like nuts and I think it would be a nice addition to my holiday cookie tray.
Here is a delicious cocktail that we have served at Thanksgiving and a few other holiday party's. If you like the flavor of ginger, you will love these! I have even omitted the vodka to make mock tails for the kids.
Cranberry, Gingerly
This recipe comes from Bon Appetit November 2005

1/4 cup vodka
2 tablespoons ginger beer
(you can find this at Super Target, it's basically a really spicy ginger ale)1 1/2 tablespoons thawed cranberry juice cocktail concentrate
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh)
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
Shake all of the ingredients except for the ginger beer with ice in a cocktail shaker. Strain into a Martini glass, and add the ginger beer. Garnish with a slice of crystallized ginger.

1 comment:

Vivi said...

Yum! I love all your new (?) tabs on the blog! Great stuff. I'm coming back at little later when I have time to sit and peruse!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...