Monday, May 4, 2009

Someone's trash is my treasure



A few weeks ago I had gotten the children off to school and was on my way into work. I was enjoying the beauty around me and out of the corner of my eye I spotted what looked like a chair on the side of the road. I wasn't far from campus, but decided to keep going. Once I arrived, I decided I would regret it if I didn't at least take a closer look. I turned around and headed back towards the lonely chair. As I pulled up I noticed an older lady in the driveway. I walked towards her and asked her if she was getting rid of the chair and if so could I please have it. She said please take it, so I did. I haven't decided quite what I am going to do with it yet but it is sitting on the front porch for now...basking in it's new home.



xoxo
Rach

3 comments:

Kimberly Hurd Horst said...

Welcome to your new home Amazing Chair! Your new owners will take spectacular care of you and show you great appreciation. I wonder Amazing Chair, what stories you'd tell if we just sat down and listened.

Simones Kitchen said...

I love chairs like that! Good that you turned around and asked if you could take it... I am sure it will look pretty somewhere (or just on the front porch as it is..:))

Vivi said...

I love it!

If it's too weak to hold a person, maybe a pretty potted plant? Although it looks perfect just sitting on the porch too. Will you paint it? Don't forget to update us when you decide what you're going to do with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...