Thursday, May 21, 2009

Date Night





Sorry I haven't written about Date Night lately. We have had some wonderful ones these past few weeks! Last week we dined on the porch with our stringed lights on. It was so pretty. I love having our meals out there




Menu
Omelette's






The Farmer's market has opened up, and is right where Brian works so he has been stopping the last couple of weeks. It's always fun to come up with recipes using the ingredients he has brought home.



Secret #3



TIME. Let me share with you a string of e-mails that we sent each other a few weeks ago. It went something like this;






Brian: I love you and miss you so much.



Rachel: Me too. We need to stop with all the computer stuff. I'm feeling a little disconnected.



Brian: I agree. I think we need to get a feel for where we both are at. There are some nights when I just need some time with you and other nights were we both just need some veg time. I think we just need to be more intentional.






Yes, the couple that has date night most every week needs to be intentional about spending more time together. Clearly, sitting in the same room on our separate computers is NOT spending time together. We have all heard the whole quantity vs. quality argument, so there is no need to go further with that. We have done a few things to help. Lots of walks in this beautiful spring weather. We watched the movie Not Easily Broken. We both enjoyed it and discussed it afterwards. Compromising how we spend our time, for example "you watch your show, while I blog, then we can hang out." We still have a lot to learn on this journey together! I'm enjoying it though.






xoxo



Rach



















1 comment:

Kimberly Hurd Horst said...

Thank you for your post. I love your authenticity. It is my favorite thing about how I choose my friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...