Monday, May 2, 2011

Affogato {Ice Cream/ Coffee Sundaes}


Happy Monday lovelies!
Now, this is not your Monday morning coffee.  But if you make it that, I promise not to tell. Shhh...
I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but I fell in love with affogato a few years ago.
Affogato in Italian means "drowned".  It is usually a dessert or beverage that has ice cream or gelato "drowned" in espresso and sometimes will include a bit of liquor.
This is the kind of dessert that has that "wow" factor but couldn't be simpler to make.  It's perfect when you don't have a lot of time to make dessert or you don't won't to heat up your kitchen.
Here's my version.  If you like coffee and chocolate, this will be right up your alley.

Affogato
serves 4

chocolate ice cream
8 tablespoons freshly brewed hot coffee
Chocolate-covered espresso beans (roughly chopped)
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon of Kahlua liqueur
1 tablespoon of powdered sugar

Place two scoops of chocolate ice cream in each of 4 bowls.  Meanwhile quickly whip cream with liqueur and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.  Pour 2 tablespoons of hot coffee over each serving.  Dollop some whipped cream on each serving and sprinkle on a bit of the chocolate-covered espresso beans.  Serve right away.
Enjoy!

Source: Young Adventures

xoxo
Rach


P.S.
Thank you so much for all of your encouraging and insightful comments on Friday!  I'm still thinking about what I would like to do.  If I do make any changes it won't be until the summer and I will make sure to keep you up to date.

3 comments:

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

One word: yummy!!! Your photo has got my mouth watering...and watering. Not a good look!!!

I'm looking ofrward to seeing what you decide about your blog, by the way. I don't there is one right answer - you have to go with what suits YOU best!

Sarahx

Amanda said...

Yum! It looks so good and I'm a big coffee lover so I will need to give this a try.

Buckman Family said...

Sounds so delish!!! I know that Ron would eat that up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...