Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Holiday Recipes ~ Cranberry Cherry Sauce





I had never been a huge fan of cranberry sauce. It never looked very appetizing and that tart flavor...yuck! At some point I found a cranberry cherry sauce that I liked very much and I have been making it for a few years. This year I decided to come up with my own cranberry cherry combo. Yummy!!

Cranberry Cherry Relish
1 cup fresh cranberries
1 tsp freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tsp. orange zest
1/2 cup cherry jam
1/4 cranberry juice
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 cup brown sugar
Pick through the cranberries for any stray bits and rinse then drain well. Combine the cranberries, orange juice and zest, cranberry juice, cherry jam and cinnamon in a pan. Place over medium heat: boil slowly until the berries pop open about 10 minutes. Remover from the heat and add dried cranberries. Let cool for five minutes and then add vanilla and brown sugar. Let cool to room temperature and refrigerate.

1 comment:

TaDa! Creations said...

Oooo...you had me at "cherry". Yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...