Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Natural Beauty

I love home made beauty products. I was reading Beauty Bets my favorite beauty blog, and was interested in trying a few of her ideas. The first was a facial steam. Cleanse your face first. Then grab a handful of your favorite herb (mint, rosemary, or whatever you like). Place the herbs in your sink and close the drain. Next boil a pot of water. Once the water has boiled pour it into your sink. Place your face over the sink and cover your head with a towel relax and allow your face to "steam" for 10- 15 minutes.
Next up was a home made mask. Take one tablespoon of fresh orange juice and one tablespoon of baking soda and mix together. These two ingredients do not completely incorporate. Carefully spread the mixture all over your face, avoiding the eye area. Let it sit for about 20 minutes. This makes two applications so you may want to do it with a friend or save the rest for later. The mask does tend to make your face feel itchy, so make sure to keep occupied while it dries. Once it has dried wet your fingers and in a circular motion rinse off all of the mask. Pat dry and apply your favorite moisturizer.


I have used the mask a few times and love it! The steam is great too! Katie had a friend over and they had so much fun having facials. I think these is a great sleepover party idea. Warning: if your daughter has a younger brother he may want to join in on the fun.


xoxo
Rachel


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Cute idea! I loved doing at home facials when I was a teen. I've been looking for some good at home masks and scrubs to try out. I'll also be checking out the blog you mentioned to get ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...