Friday, November 13, 2009

Bits of Encouragement

Something a little different to encourage you this week. Last year our Children's Ministry Director Jill mentioned a great idea in our church's monthly newsletter about teaching our children to be thankful. She encouraged us to write on top of a piece of paper I'm Thankful For... then place it somewhere in your home where everyone can write down different things they are thankful for. I grabbed a piece of note book paper and wrote on the top in orange marker those words. I put it up in the kitchen and everyone in our little family has written on it. There are lots of interesting and wonderful notes of thankfulness on this list. Here are a few:
1. My wonderful wife and kids!
2. For my books so I can read!
3. For my Mommy and Daddy and Ian!
4. My home.
5. My brothers ( I guess we have some invisible boys living here).
6. The trees.
7. My wii.
The list is quite lengthy, but these are a few of my favorites. I'll be saving these little pieces of paper. It should be fun to see how the list changes as the children grow and mature. Since Thanksgiving is just a couple weeks away, I'm going to put up a new piece of paper. The first thing I'm going to put on it is Jill. Jill gives so much love to our children! She is a Proverbs 31 women. She works as a teacher full-time outside of our church, but still has so much love to give to all of our children. She has taught our children about loving Jesus with all their hearts, mind, and soul. We are so blessed to have her in our lives. Thank you Jill for giving so much of your time and heart to our children! We appreciate and love you dearly!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...