Friday, July 10, 2009

Foodie weekend


We dropped Ian off at my parent's today. So we are childless...for the next two days. My BFF says "some people have all the luck." I know I'm blessed. Well, I have a list of things to accomplish in my free time. The first was to visit the new Trader Joe's in town. I have been there once already, but wanted to go again. They have some neat stuff there, and I will definitely go again. Then I wanted to go to the new cheese shop , we picked up some Stilton to have with our dinner. Then we stopped by my favorite ice cream shop to get a cone. Tomorrow we are going downtown to the big Farmer's market can't wait! As you can see it is all about the food! Actually we are going to the hardware store tomorrow to pick varnish and paint. For a couple of projects in our home.
Well I will leave you with this fantastic recipe for Mint Ice Cream. Have a great weekend friends!!
I have to kind of guess at this, because I adapted the recipe from Martha and for some reason it is not available right now. I wish I wrote it down, because it is sooo good. It should work though.
Mint Ice Cream
adapted from Martha Stewart Living March 2003
1 cup skim milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/2-1 cup sugar this is what I'm not sure about
1 cup fresh mint leaves
Mix the mint and sugar in a small bowl with the back of a spoon, until the sugar looks like wet sand. Add the milk and cream and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate the mixture for two hours. Strain out the mint leaves, pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow your manufacturer's instructions. Yum!
P.S.
The cake is my sister's recipe. I'll get the recipe and post it in the near future.
xoxo
Rach

2 comments:

shana said...

Have a really fun 2 days. We'll be kidless for just over 24 hours next weekend. What fun!
Shana

Kimberly Hurd Horst said...

Oh la la! Fun fun times for you Rachel! I love eat a thon's....heck! As long as it doesn't involve too much food that gets dipped in ketchup. Enjoy...does the ice cream come out white mint then?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...