Tuesday, June 2, 2009



Hello Friends~


I'm sorry that I have been gone for so long! I missed my blog, and I missed you too! You might have wondered where I was. I was here...under my down comforter in my bed. It all started after I had written my last post on Tuesday night. I missed work for the rest of the week, and went to see the Doc on Friday. She said it was an upper respitory virus, she couldn't give me anything and I would have to wait it out. The weekend was miserable for me I continued to feel terrible with a headache, terrible cough, and fever. Yesterday I just got upset, I was so tired of being sick and called the nurse who was very nice, but he said I would need to be seen again. Brian took to me to urgent care, last night and they determined I had pnuemonia. In my mind I was thinking there's a surprise. If they had listened to me on Friday, I wouldn't be here right now. So, I got my antibiotics, and I'm feeling a little bit better.


My poor Brian has been juggling a lot! Work, meals, laundry, taking the kids to school and picking them helping with the home work. He kept telling me he missed me, and I could see the worry in his eyes. He is exhausted, but seems much happier now that I am on the mend.


I've missed my little family so much...hugging them and kissing them. They went to the garden center on Saturday and came home and mulched a bunch of our plants. I was longing to lay out a quilt in the yard and read to the children. A few weeks ago I started reading Sarah, Plain and Tall to them. My lilacs bloomed and now they are dying. I didn't get to capture their beauty this year on my camera. Their beautiful scent made it's way into our home though. Ian lost his first tooth last night. You would have thought he won a million dollars. He was so excited!! He has been waiting a long time for this. I need to take a photo. So slowly, but surely I'm getting back to my healthy self. I hope to be posting more regularly. Enjoy this beautiful weather!


Love,
Rachel

2 comments:

Kimberly Hurd Horst said...

OHHHHH it is so frustrating when you are sick. I am so glad you are on the mend. I wish you a delighful and speedy recovery. I too love Lilacs! I love the color, I love the smell and I love the poem about President Lincoln, When Lilacs Last Or' the Door Yard Bloomoed, written upon his unfortunate death. Missed your blog...and yeah for Ian and I hope is encounter with the tooth fairy was fun.

Sandi said...

Hi Rach,

I'm sorry to hear you have been sick. Its a crummy time of the year to be sick when it is so nice outside. Hopefully you have been on the mend so you will be well for our time together next week. Can't wait to see you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...