Tuesday, March 2, 2010

50 Cookbooks~ Lidia's Italian American Kitchen (Spaghetti and Meatballs)


My In-laws gave me Lidia's Italian American Kitchen written by Lidia Bastianich a number of year's ago for Christmas. This is probably one of my favorite cookbooks hands down. It is slightly worn, has a lot of notes, and recipes have been highlighted. I usually go to this book for some of our favorite recipes, Pesto, Penne a la Vodka, Pasta Putanessca etc... Our children LOVE pasta, so we usually have some variation once a week.

I love Lidia, I think she is amazing! I look forward to watching her show and I thoroughly enjoy reading her cookbooks. I read an article a while back that said she was the Julia Child of Italian cooking. The reason being, she is a teacher. I feel like Lidia has taught me so much in the kitchen, and I use a lot of her techniques.
As I was looking for a new recipe to try in this book, I thought I should try the classic spaghetti and meatballs. Although this recipe was good, it didn't WOW me like ALL of her other recipes do, so I was slightly disappointed. I have to admit I prefer my recipe for Spaghetti with Turkey meatballs. I know that it is kind of comparing apples to oranges, but I just really like the turkey meatballs, plus they are a healthier option. If you are looking for a good classic recipe for spaghetti and meatballs please try Lidia's recipe.

On another note, we are somewhat "under construction" here. I am playing around with a few new elements and trying to figure out what is the best fit for our little blog. Mr. amazing is always willing to help make our blog better, and he is much better with working with codes than I am. So, you might see a few new buttons or tabs, and then they might go away. Thank you so much for your patience, as we try to figure this all out!

xoxo
Rachel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Joe Ambrosino said...

I'm a big fan of Lidia's, although I don't really use cookbooks that often. I found your blog by hunting around the blogosphere looking for interesting stuff to read.Perhaps, you'll reciprocate?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...